Laser skin resurfacing is increasing in popularity, and it’s no wonder why. Laser skin resurfacing often results in faster recovery times than other similar procedures, making it an attractive option for individuals looking to rejuvenate their skin and address cosmetic concerns. This innovative technique uses laser technology to improve skin texture, tone, and appearance.
About Laser Skin Resurfacing
As one of the most exciting and innovative scientific achievements to date, laser technology is utilized throughout the healthcare community. Dr. Schalit uses one of the newest lasers to treat sun-damaged skin, facial wrinkles, and scars in a procedure called laser skin resurfacing with the Sciton Erbium laser. Laser resurfacing can be used as an alternative to a chemical peel and the microdermabrasion procedure. The benefits of using this technique are less pain and faster recovery time. In most cases, it is less costly.
Laser Skin Resurfacing Treats:
- Sun-damaged skin
- Facial wrinkles
- Uneven skin texture
- Acne scars
- Fine lines
- Age spots
- Enlarged pores
- Skin discoloration
- Skin laxity
- Gently cleanse your treated skin as instructed by your practitioner.
- Apply a recommended moisturizer to keep the skin hydrated.
- Protect your skin from the sun and use sunscreen with SPF as advised.
- Refrain from wearing makeup until approved by your practitioner.
- Take any prescribed medications or ointments as directed.
- Drink plenty of water to support healing and skin hydration.
- Avoid harsh scrubbing or picking at treated areas.
- Continue to avoid smoking to aid in the healing process.
- Attend scheduled follow-up appointments for evaluation and care adjustments.
- Understand that results may take time; be patient and consistent with aftercare.
The Recovery Process
The initial redness fades in a few weeks to a light pink, which can be camouflaged with cosmetics. Any discoloration usually disappears in 1-2 months. The treatment area must be protected from the sun with large brim hats and glasses as the treated skin will be particularly sensitive to the sun’s UV rays for the first 1-2 weeks. For optimal results, use medical-grade skincare products like SkinMedica to maintain skin post-laser treatment.
Request A Consultation
Dr. Schalit is a board-certified facial cosmetic surgeon who oversees all our laser skin resurfacing treatments. We invite you to take the first step towards achieving your skincare goals by scheduling a consultation with our experienced team. During this personalized session, you can discuss your concerns, expectations, and the right approach to address your unique needs. Request a consultation and discover how laser skin resurfacing can enhance your skin.