Rhinoplasty in Daytona Beach, commonly known as a nose job, is a surgical procedure to reshape and enhance the appearance of the nose. It can address various cosmetic and functional concerns, from refining the nose’s shape and size to improving breathing.
The Aesthetic & Functional Impact of Your Nose
The nose plays a significant role in the aesthetic harmony of the face and your well-being. On an aesthetic level, the nose’s size, shape, and symmetry can influence your facial appearance. A well-proportioned nose can enhance facial balance and boost self-confidence, whereas a disproportionate nose can detract from your features. Functionally, nasal structural problems like a deviated septum can lead to congestion, breathing issues, and more. Dr. Schalit offers personalized rhinoplasty to restore optimal nasal form and function.
- Nose size and shape concerns
- Nasal humps and irregularities
- Crooked or asymmetrical noses
- Undesirable tip shape
- Deviated septum
- Chronic breathing difficulties
- Nasal injuries and deformities
Types of Rhinoplasty
Closed rhinoplasty is a surgical technique to reshape and enhance the nose without making any external incisions. During this procedure, Dr. Schalit works through incisions made inside the nostrils, accessing the nasal structures beneath the skin. Closed rhinoplasty, or nose job in Daytona Beach, typically results in less visible scarring and a shorter recovery period than open rhinoplasty. It is a preferred option for patients requiring minor to moderate nose alterations.
Open rhinoplasty is a surgical approach for nose reshaping that involves creating a small incision across the columella, the strip of skin between the nostrils. This incision allows the surgeon to lift the skin and access the nasal structures more directly. While open rhinoplasty may result in a faint external scar, it provides greater visibility and access for complex or extensive nose procedures, making it suitable for significant structural changes.
The Surgical Process
During rhinoplasty, you will be placed under anesthesia to ensure your comfort. Dr. Schalit will make internal or external incisions, depending on the chosen technique — open or closed. Your nasal structures will be reshaped, with adjustments made to the bone and cartilage. After achieving the desired results, the incisions are closed, and you will be carefully monitored as you begin the recovery process. Rhinoplasty typically takes a few hours, and the specific techniques used will vary based on your unique needs and goals.
- Take prescribed pain medications as directed by your surgeon.
- Expect swelling and bruising; use cold compresses to reduce them.
- Keep your head elevated while resting to minimize swelling after rhinoplasty in Daytona Beach.
- Change dressings and clean incisions as instructed.
- Refrain from strenuous exercise and activities that can strain your nose.
- Be cautious when handling your nose, and avoid pressure or impact.
- Keep scheduled appointments with Dr. Schalit for monitoring.
- Follow any dietary restrictions related to your recovery.
- Drink plenty of fluids to aid in healing.
- Protect your nose from sun exposure to prevent scarring.
- Understand that full results may appear gradually over several months.
The Recovery Process
After rhinoplasty, you can expect some swelling, bruising, and discomfort, which typically peak within the first few days. You’ll need to plan for downtime, usually about 1-2 weeks, during which you should rest and avoid strenuous activities. While you may resume light activities after a few days, strenuous workouts should be avoided for four to six weeks. It can take several weeks or months for swelling to fully subside and for the final results to become apparent after your rhinoplasty in Daytona Beach.
Request A Consultation
Dr. Schalit is a renowned facial cosmetic surgeon, board-certified by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. If you’re considering rhinoplasty or have questions about the procedure, we invite you to schedule a consultation. Dr. Schalit and our experienced team are here to listen to your concerns, discuss your goals, and provide you with a personalized treatment plan. Contact us today to request a consultation.