IPL stands for Intense Pulsed Light treatments, and it’s one of the best ways to reveal a clear complexion. This non-invasive cosmetic procedure uses targeted light pulses to address various skin concerns, from sunspots and redness to fine lines and uneven skin tone. IPL photofacial can help you achieve radiant and rejuvenated skin.
About IPL Photofacial
This non-surgical procedure directs short pulses of light energy (hence where the name derives) at the skin’s surface. The light targets and breaks down the skin’s darker pigments, making it an excellent solution for clients suffering from hyperpigmentation, acne scars, and more. IPL therapy is a non-ablative resurfacing technique, which means it causes no harm to the skin’s surface because it only targets the lower layers of the skin. You may feel some warmth or tingling during the treatment for a few minutes.
IPL Photofacial Treats:
- Sunspots and age spots
- Redness and rosacea
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Uneven skin tone
- Acne and acne scars
- Broken blood vessels and spider veins
- Gently apply a cold compress to soothe any post-treatment redness or swelling.
- Always wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher to protect your skin.
- Steer clear of direct sunlight and tanning beds for a few weeks post-treatment.
- Keep your skin well-hydrated with a gentle, non-comedogenic moisturizer.
- Avoid harsh skincare products, exfoliants, or peels for a few days.
- Drink plenty of water to aid in skin recovery.
- Adhere to any specific instructions provided by your IPL provider.
The Recovery Process
After an IPL photofacial, you can expect a brief period of redness and mild swelling akin to a sunburn, which usually subsides within a day or two. Most people can resume their normal activities immediately. Over the next few weeks, you’ll notice a gradual improvement in your skin’s appearance as pigmented spots fade, redness diminishes, and collagen production increases. For optimal results, multiple sessions may be needed, and you’ll enjoy smoother, more even-toned skin with reduced imperfections.
Request A Consultation
Dr. Schalit is our experienced and board-certified facial cosmetic surgeon who oversees all IPL photofacial treatments. We invite you to take the next step towards achieving healthier, more radiant skin. Schedule a consultation to discuss your unique skincare goals, assess your suitability for IPL photofacial, and create a personalized treatment plan. Don’t miss this opportunity to revitalize your skin – contact us now to get started.