Dr. Schalit is well-known in cosmetic surgery circles as a surgeon, an instructor, and an accomplished speaker. He lectures nationally and internationally on cosmetic facial surgery and also hosts monthly seminars for the public, speaking on ‘The Latest Techniques in Facial Rejuvenation’.
Board-Certified Surgeon and Cosmetic Expert
Dr. Schalit is a Fellow with the American College of Surgeons (FACS) and is also a member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery. He is board-certified by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Dr. Schalit is a partner with Florida Oral & Facial Surgical Associates and is the Chief Surgeon of the Division of Maxillofacial Surgery at Halifax Health Medical Center and Florida Hospital Flagler, as well as, an adjunct professor at Nova University, training residents in facial cosmetic surgery. Dr. Schalit is also a national trainer for Allergan Medical Aesthetics and ranks annually as one of the company’s top volume accounts. Dr. Schalit is in the top 1% of solo injectors nationally.
Dr. Curtis J. Schalit, F.A.C.S.
In addition to serving the community with his vast training and experience, Dr. Schalit is the founder of Flagler Wolfpack Youth Football, where every kid plays. He is also the co-founder of Operation Changing Lives, a medical-based nonprofit organization, that performs life-altering maxillofacial surgeries on disadvantaged patients with severe facial deformities, both in the United States and abroad.
Dr. Schalit’s Prestigious Honor
Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
Dr. Schalit is honored to be awarded as a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. This prestigious accreditation is bestowed upon the nation’s top surgeons who are dedicated to improving the care of their patients and safeguarding standards of care in an optimal and ethical practice environment.
Before a surgeon can become a fellow, their education, training, professional qualifications, surgical competence, and ethical conduct must pass a rigorous evaluation. Only five surgeons out of 1,100 in Dr. Schalit’s field were awarded this accreditation.
Dr. Schalit’s Honored Distinctions and Awards
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Board Certified Maxillofacial & Oral Surgeon
- Key Speaker – Facial Rejuvenation: New Techniques and
- Treatment Options, 89th Annual AAOMS meeting
- Key Speaker – Cleft Lip and Palate Surgery (ASPAN) American Society of Peri-Anesthesia Nurses National Meeting
- Member, American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- Fellow, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Member, Southeastern Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Diplomate, Florida Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Member, American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Chief Surgeon, Halifax Health-Division of Oral/Maxillofacial Surgery
- Adjunct Professor, Nova Southeastern University
- “Angel of the Year” award for Outstanding Community Service presented by Millennium Women Foundation of Volusia County, 2006
- Cosmetic Surgeon for the Millennium Woman Foundation, providing a better life for single mothers in Volusia County
- Lead Investigator for a Juvederm research study
- Top 1% of solo injectors for Allergan Cosmetics; leading Botox distributor for the Central Florida Region
- National Trainer for Allergan, Botox, Juvederm, Voluma Cosmetics
- Yearly missionary work in the Dominican Republic, providing cleft lip and palate surgery to children and young adults
- Citizen of the Year Award 2015, Rotary Club of Flagler Beach